1. A Child of God made through God’s love
2. A Child of God is misunderstood by the world
3. A Child of God is transformed when Jesus returns
4. A Child of God is passionate for purity
In the past weeks we have been meditating on our core identities, that is, what it means to be a Christian. We are a new creature in Christ, we are Priests in a Kingdom of Priests, we are Temples of the Holy Spirit, and last Sunday we learned we are Sojourners and Exiles. This week we studied 4 characteristics of a Child of God. First, we a Child of God made through God’s love. Second, a Child of God is misunderstood by the world. The third characteristic is that the Child of God is transformed when Jesus returns. And lastly, the Child of God is passionate for purity.
Elderly John wants us to know the love of the Father, the beauty of what it means to be God’s children, that we would behold the love that the Father has given us that we should be called the children of God.
1. How does a person become a child of God? (v. 1)
2. Why is a child of God misunderstood? (v. 1)
3. A child of God is transformed when Jesus returns, so what 3 things define us as we cling to these promises? (v. 2)
4. Why should a child of God live a life that is passionate for purity? (v. 3)
1. Praise God for making you a child of God through His love, and as you live in hope for the brighter day to come when Jesus returns when everything will be changed.
2. Confess the ways that you forget your identity as a child of God.
3. Ask God to help you to daily remember your identity as a child of God so that you can live a passionate, pure life.
Written by Elder Galen Janson